Post 5: My future Job

I’m in my second year of design and the truth is that I’m still not sure how a designer works. I don't know if the workplace it’s in an office, a workshop, an agency or another place.

I chose to study graphic design because I like the idea of ​​creating and composing. To be honest, I really like the idea of ​​working in a workshop instead of taking theoretical courses. I realized that I'm too good at crafts and that is my passion. However, I’m terrible at drawing, but that wasn’t an obstacle in my decision.

Today I dream of working in the field of publishing or advertising. I imagine me designing covers and pages of books and magazines or designing advertising posters. I imagine myself presenting projects and talking to clients. Probably my salary isn’t high because in Chile design is undervalued. Depending on the course of time, I would like to study a postgraduate in design because I really like to study and learn from that.

The truth is that my future work scares me a lot because many of the designers I know aren’t dedicated to designing. For example, most of my teachers are all designers but they all end up taking classes in the FAU which is really crazy.

Comentarios

  1. Sometimes I feel lost in my career in the decision about what I could work on as an architect. So, in the future I hope to see your works or drawings as a designer.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

Activity 2 (Questions)

Post 2: My best concert

Pascualina's story