How the Oscars Work

1. Why did you select the article?

I select the article “How the Oscars Work” because I like movies, I like evaluate them. I see the Academy Award every year and I give my predictions of which will be the winner. Before the ceremony, I see all the nominated films.

 

2. Did you find enough information in the article? Did you find the info you were looking for?

Kind of, I already knew most of the information.

 

3. What was the most interesting thing you learnt about it?

The most interesting thing I learned was the members of the academy and the system of choosing the nominees. Besides, I learned about the accounting firm that tabulates the votes of nominated and winning candidates.


4. Make a list of 15 words from the article that you found difficult to understand. Find their meaning. 

  1. Gears up: Prepararse para 
  2. Guest: Invitado
  3. Embarrasing: Bochornoso/ Vergonzoso
  4. Mishap: Percanse
  5. Tidbits: Chisme
  6. Achievement: Logro 
  7. Branch: Rama
  8. Ballot: Votación
  9. Bestow: Otorgar/ Conceder
  10. In a nutshell: En resumen
  11. Remarck: Comentario/ Observación 
  12. Caught on: Pone de moda
  13. Spoke: Radio/ Rayo
  14. Submit: Entregar/ Presentar
  15. Condone: Aprobar











Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Activity 2 (Questions)

Post 2: My best concert

Pascualina's story